Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
More information can be found on http://ico.org.uk, the government body responsible for Internet laws in the UK.
Cookies on our website
Katherine Hooker uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Cookies are used to ensure your shopping cart works as it should
- Our Online Shop allows you to choose what currency you’d like to see. A cookie is used to remember that preference.
- Cookies are used in Shopify’s analytics tools
- We also use a security cookie to ensure your transactions are protected.
- Twitter cookies are used to track incoming traffic
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.