Katherine Hooker is a British clothing brand that offers seasonal collections that can be sold online and in store. We also have a renowned Custom Made service whereby customers can make alterations to our collections and also design their own pieces from scratch. We are mostly known for tailored coats and jackets but we also design trousers, skirts, dresses, shirts and accessories. All made from the finest British & Italian fabrics. In summer we mostly work with silks and linen, in winter we will often work with wool, cashmere blends etc. As our business grows, we are looking to build a team of high quality seamstress / machinists.
We are looking for a sewing machinist / tailor with experience in women's tailored clothing.
- Alter outerwear, dresses, blouses, and trousers to a high standard
- Cut and make outerwear, skirts, dresses, blouses and trousers to the highest standard
- Handling the finest fabrics including wool, velvet, leather, silk, suede
- Sewing with industrial machines, overlocker and hand sewing
- Cutting to individual measurements against a block pattern
- Able to take part in fittings with customers
- Able to help with collection sampling process, toile garments from drawings and designs
- 8 years experience as a professional tailor / machinist
- Proven experience of making tailored garments
- Fluent in English
- Organised and able to keep cutting room in an orderly manner
- Flexible and positive attitude
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 8 hours per week to begin with but opportunity to grow with the company and work more days if needed.
Please email your CV to email@example.com